Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 12, 2021
POSITION TITLE: Database Administrator
POSITION LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
Under direct supervision of the Chief Information Officer, the
primary responsibility of the Database Administrator is designing,
testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing,
and maintaining our agency’s databases and management of data team
members. They diligently work to ensure databases are effective &
efficient in facilitating high quality clinical service delivery
while guaranteeing access and reliability of vital agency data.
- Builds and maintains databases ensuring high availability and
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide
fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and
training to users.
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures,
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data
security, privacy, integrity, and proper capacity planning.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new
patches and versions when required.
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning.
- Install, tune, implement, and upgrade SQL installations.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning
- Provides valuable input on the selection and implementation of
- Ensures data integrity, recommends action to maintain data
integrity and data security, as well as assisting in identifying
and resolving application/database problems.
- Maintains transparency and communication of projects, statuses,
escalation of problems as well as data overview reports for
- Lead and manage assigned data infrastructure projects and teams
for the organization including analyzing, planning, coordinating,
and developing scheduled project plans, and providing consistent
oversight and delegation of tasks to ensure successful project
- Review timecards for accuracy, approving time off requests (as
directed), adjusting time entries as needed and final approving all
timekeeping records for assigned team.
- Provide guidance and support to team members to resolve
employee relations issues working with management team and Human
- Ensure attendance and participation in required training and
any follow-up needs are addressed for assigned team.
- Provides capacity planning, trend analysis, adheres to change
management policies and procedures.
- Hold regular team meetings to help address any questions or
challenges regarding upcoming projects and to continuously foster
teamwork and build trust within the team.
- Demonstrates exceptional patience and calm demeaner in a high
stress, demanding environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures and assists in
- Must be physically able to lift computer equipment that may
weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- May be required to work holidays and/or after hours on call as
- Must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel
normally associated with this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or
other management as requested
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information
Technology, Mathematics, or another related field preferred *** 5
years’ DBA experience may be used in place of degree ***
- 5+ years’ experience managing large / multiple SQL databases
(SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019)
- Experience in a clinical setting such as Medical, Behavioral
Health, or Rehabilitation field preferred
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Tulsa , Database Administrator, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!