ChampionX has an immediate need for a Buyer I located in
Tulsa, OK. This is your opportunity to join a growing
company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growing company offering competitive pay and
- Access to best-in-class resources, tools, and
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career
- A culture that values safety first, including training and
What You Will Do:
- Procures inventory and supplies; places purchase orders with
- Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement
opportunities and alternative courses of action to purchasing
- Consistently applies purchasing policies, procedures and
- Supports purchasing management in activities such as price
benchmarking, vendor management, process analysis, market and
industry research, and model building.
- Conducts minor contract negotiations. Gathers information and
provides input on larger contracts.
- Manages loading and retrieving of legal and compliance
documents into applicable storage systems.
- Assists in the process of interviewing and evaluating sales
representatives and vendors.
- Provides data and market intelligence to the purchasing
- Interacts with suppliers with regard to payments and order
- Contributes to the department continuous improvement
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
Four year college or university degree in Business, Supply Chain
Management, Purchasing or related field.
or equivalent education and/or experience.
Up to two years of relevant experience.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and
services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and
automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas
industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to
improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainability
Our Commitment to Diversity and
we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on
a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and
achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of
associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and
provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual
qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting
employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and
opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any
associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion,
color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information,
marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered
In addition, we are committed to furthering the
principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through
Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority,
female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of
We will consider for employment all qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance