Our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our
common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to
always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power
of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us
unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
Job Description :
Primary responsibilities include splicing fiber optic
cables in both outdoor and indoor settings, reading, creating, and
maintaining splicing schematics and diagrams, managing outside
plant (OSP) activities at and around the assigned work site(s),
creating and maintaining accurate splicing and field notes,
supporting project timelines, and inspecting, and designing.
The majority of tasks occur in the field and may require overtime,
including evening and night shifts, weekends, and holidays. Some
travel required within NH and Southern ME.
Essential Job Functions:
The job functions and responsibilities for an Outside Plant
• Splicing fiber optic cables including both loose-tube and
ribbon optic cables. Constructing splice cases, including but not
limited to: grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and
sealing. Preparing and maintaining splicing records, schematics and
• Creating drawings and worksheets using various software
• Performing work in accordance with industry standards.
Familiarity with RUS standards, reading and following instructions
and specifications, managing and maintaining the scope of work on
the project, and adherence to safety procedures are required.
• Preparing engineering field notes, interpreting buried and
aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field, and
recommending changes in running line or construction
• Entering and maintaining outside plant records.
• Participating in engineering, permitting, and
construction processes to support project contract
• Performing routine route maintenance including recognizing and
repairing route issues.
Background, Experience, and Skills:
The Outside Plant Technician-Splicer position requires
background, experience, and skills in each of the following:
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved
in production or precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings,
• Experience with fusion splicing both loose tube and ribbon
fiber optic cables including the ability to place a mid-sheath
• Working knowledge and experience with current computerized
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
• Ability to work with clients and/or customer contacts
regarding best construction practices, practical facility entrances
and surface restoration.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and make good sound
decisions based on information given.
• Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s License.
Education and Experience:
• One year (minimum) experience in Outside Plant telecom
engineering and construction.
• Two years (minimum) experience in fiber optic cable splicing
and network design.
• Field engineering and project lead experience is desirable.
Supervisory and/or project management experience is a plus.
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft applications.
• In-depth understanding of technology-based services, products
Atlantic Broadband Finance, LLC
Being inclusive is simply welcoming you to be yourself!
Being inclusive also means fostering a climate of trust and
respect, and encouraging diversity and equity for every candidate
wanting to be part of the Cogeco team.
Being inclusive allows us to reduce barriers in the workplace
and to take actions to enable accessibility for all!
Being inclusive is more than a word, it's our commitment to
If you need any accommodations to apply or as part of the
recruitment process, please contact us confidentially at firstname.lastname@example.org