Company: Mid-Continent Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Investigate and adjust claims:
- Review and evaluate coverage and/or liability.
- Secure and analyze necessary information (i.e.: reports,
policies, appraisals, statements, records, or other documents) in
the investigation of claims.
- Work toward the resolution of claim files, and attend
arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and
submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal
- Convey complex information (coverage positions, status,
outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a
professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensure that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate
- Ensure that claims handling is conducted in compliance with
applicable statutes, regulations, and other legal
- Provide technical advice.
- May have responsibility for coaching of staff and may have a
participatory role in development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 6+ years of general liability claims experience.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Specific and thorough knowledge of insurance coverage, tort and
contract law, claims handling procedures, litigation handling
techniques, and be familiar with claims department functions.
- Thorough and logical research skills with the capability to
utilize all resources available.
- Excellent grammar, written and oral communication skills, and
the ability to proofread.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of construction defect and work site injuries, along
with commercial auto experience is a plus.
- Professional designations are a plus.
Keywords: Mid-Continent Group, Tulsa , Claim Specialist, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!