Certified Medication Aide - Floater
Company: HOME OF HOPE
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:Serve as a support person to all individuals receiving
services by Home of Hope Inc. This support isgiven in a variety of
areas; daily living skills, leisure activities, personal hygiene
skills, vocationalskills, individual rights and responsibility
training, social skills, transportation, etc. The CMA isresponsible
for the medication given during their shift. This includes the
documentation associatedwith giving medication. This is an hourly
paid position.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administer Medications and document accordingly
- Transport clients as necessary
- Report to RSL any client changes or situations in the house you
- Assist with arranging family visits
- Assist team members with client IP plans or amendments
- Provide flexibility for working a variety of shifts and
- Administer medications with LPN supervision as needed and
document as appropriate.
- Provide training and guidance to the people we support. Assist
the person/people you support with integration into the community
by accompanying them to various recreational and social actives
based on the interest of the individual. Provide transportation
when necessary. Ensure that the person/people you support are
dressed and groomed appropriately. Assist in preparing a
well-balanced meal and follows the nutritionist's recommendations.
Assist and encourage the person(s) you are supporting with the
maintenance of their home. (Keeping the environment clean and
- Notify the Residential Support Leader when there is a change in
a person's status. (I.e. medical, household problems, policy
issues, etc.) Documents and reports any accidents or incidents to
the Residential Support Leader. Maintain confidentiality. Maintain
all necessary documentation (i.e. goals and objectives, daily notes
- Utilize approved behavior intervention techniques in
appropriate situations. Encourage communication and natural
- Assist in arranging family visits. Assist all team members with
the annual individual plan, and any IP addendum meeting. Encourage
client independence and inclusion regardless of the setting in
which services are provided.
- Provide Supervisor and Program Coordinator with information
concerning individual needs.
- Attend and participate in training sessions. Responsible for
keeping employment requirements current (i.e. attending classes,
vaccination updates, insurance, driver's license, etc.)
- Work, as a member of the client's team to ensure adequate and
accurate information is available to the team. This would include
attending team meetings.
- Responsible for fire and tornado evacuation as outlined in
policy and safety of individuals in the home. Responsible to ensure
compliance with HIPAA in all program areas.CORE VALUES:Every
employee at Home of Hope represents the organization's values
internally and to thepublic. As such, all employees' actions and
decisions are expected to be consistent with theorganization's core
values at all times. Home of Hope's Core Values are:Client Centered
Care: We are committed to making all decisions and performing all
actionswith the well-being of our clients as our primary focus, and
to always putting our clients'interests ahead of our
own.Accountability: We take personal responsibility, as an
organization and as individuals, forour actions, hold each other
accountable, and expect to be held accountable at any
pointthroughout the year for our decisions and actions.Respect:
While keeping the focus on the needs of our clients, we also commit
todemonstrating mutual respect in communication and actions so that
a positive environment foreveryone is maintained.Excellence: We are
committed to using established best practices, to
evaluatingeffectiveness of our efforts, and to demonstrating a
willingness to change current practices atany point based on
evidence that change is needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Current Certified Medication Aide (CMA) Oklahoma Certificate.
Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Must possess good
communication skills. This includes basic reading, writing, and
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have an active home telephone, cell phone, or pager. Must
possess and maintain a valid Driver's License. Must have proof and
maintain automobile insurance.
- First Aid/CPR Training (required). This will include all
aspects of completion with compressions on the floor or
- Must successfully complete all required
- Ability to lift 50-70 pounds with or without
- Vision sufficient to read or assist individuals in normal or
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Reliable motor skills-use of hands and feet
- Ability to sit, stoop, or stand for prolonged periods of
Keywords: HOME OF HOPE, Tulsa , Certified Medication Aide - Floater, Other , Vinita, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!