General Merchandise Associate
Company: Myers Duren Harley Davidson of Tulsa Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummarySet-up and maintain an appealing
retail environment and assist customers with their shopping and
purchase of merchandise.General Expectations
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by
asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with
company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month,
and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of
technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements
which govern the company's business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on
- Uphold the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality
policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as
- Deal with customer complaints in a sensible manner by showing
empathy and a pleasant attitude to show our commitment to excellent
customer service and to increase customer satisfaction and
- Conduct telephone transactions courteously and promptly. Inform
customers and dealership staff when appropriate regarding any new
merchandise, specials and sales.
- Be precise in all cash register transactions, taking accurate
credit card and cash payments for purchases.
- Let customers know when back-ordered items or special orders
- Be able to work with multiple customers at once while providing
individual customer satisfaction.
- Aid customers in selecting merchandise and suggest
supplementary products which complement initial items and satisfy
customers as well as increase sales.
- Be polite and friendly and greet customers promptly.
- Offer all customers exemplary customer service.
- Be precise and timely with service at the cash register.
- In accepting delivery of and processing merchandise from
distributors, verify merchandise according to purchase invoice and
record merchandise into inventory. Prepare the product for
presentation on the showroom floor.
- Assist General Merchandise Manager to achieve General
Merchandise retail sales goals.
- Attend pertinent training and stay current with merchandising
trends and inventory control issues.
- Participate in periodic inventory of all merchandise.
- Design interesting, well structured presentations that attract
- Keep customer mailing lists up to date.
- Make sure that the merchandise displays are dusted, clean,
fully stocked, and appealing to customers.
- Help with the organize, set-up, and present such special events
as fashion shows and other activities.
- Keep displays and shelves fully stocked to provide continuous
availability of showroom merchandise.Qualifications & Job
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal
- Be an outgoing, energetic people person.
- Must have ability to get along with broad customer base.
- Training or experience in merchandising and retail sales
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems
or the ability to quickly learn.Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to stand and walk the sales floor for
most of the day.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 40
lbs. of merchandise.
- Must be able to operate office equipment including telelphone,
copies, fax machine, calculator, etc.Working Conditions
- Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor
booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally
Keywords: Myers Duren Harley Davidson of Tulsa Inc, Tulsa , General Merchandise Associate, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!