Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Selected candidates for a Plating Operator will learn tasks that
support the Plating department. A Plating Operator will be expected
to perform a variety of support functions which include but are not
limited to racking, unracking, and cleaning of production aerospace
parts. Candidates must be self-disciplined and self-motivated
individuals with strong accountability (attention to details)
skills. Candidates must have the ability and desire to be flexible
and adaptable in a fast-paced production environment, be
resourceful and innovative along with presenting a strong business
ethic and compliance to leadership and company policies, and a good
communicator with the ability to represent the company in a
positive manner. Other responsibilities will include maintaining a
clean and organized work area, as well as adherence to organization
safety rules and regulations. Plating Operators will also be
performing verifications ensuring that all traces of organic soils,
fingerprints, dirt and dust etc. are removed by using solvent
cleaners. As a condition of assignment, Plating Operator candidates
may be expected to process product controlled under the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export
Administration Regulations. As such these candidates may be
required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent
Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and assimilating work instructions relating to
racking, unracking and cleaning operations.
- Perform receiving inspections (before processing) as needed and
immediately report any damage or discrepancy.
- Gathers supplies such as racks, tooling, baskets, carts
- Racking of production parts for plating, passivation and
chemical paint stripping operations.
- Oiling of parts (for corrosion protection).
- Cleaning of production parts which include degreasing or manual
- Loading of parts in heated ovens for stress and H.E.
- Will require use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during
certain tasks (goggles, safety glasses, aprons, boots, gloves,
hearing protection, etc) and be expected to comply with safety
directives and policy.
- Will be exposed to chemicals/solvents and occasional fumes,
wet/humid conditions, and moderate noise level.
- Will at times require heavy lifting of production parts.
- Work closely with area leadership to complete work and
- Clean, organize and maintain work area as prescribed by
- Complete documentation, counting of production parts, computer
scanning, package to protect and transport, and other assigned
- Basic mathematic skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide
using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods with limited
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand
written procedures and instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced and
ever-changing environment with multiple priorities.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Tulsa , Plating Operator, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!