Temp Patient Care Assistant
Company: State of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Patient Care Assistant/Certified Nurse Aide (Temporary)
Schedule: 24-28 hours per week (not to exceed 999 hours worked in a
Pay Rate: starting at $14.00 per hour
This position is assigned responsibilities for providing direct and
indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a
clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or
medical supervision. This includes performing duties such as taking
vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients,
assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and
* Performs direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs,
assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and
obtaining certain lab specimens.
* Charts observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes
in the patient's condition.
* Performs delegated or other specialized functions as
* Escorts patients to and from various destinations.
* Assists in maintaining and providing a clean, safe
* Orders, receives and stores supplies and performs basic clerical
* Participates in follow-up activities and tracking clients,
schedules appointments and performs other related tasks.
* Provides case finding and recruitment of at risk persons for
comprehensive health services.
The Department of Veterans Affairs requires current certification
in good standing by the Oklahoma State Department of Health as a
(CNA) Certified Nursing Aide in Long Term Care (LTC).
This position has been determined to be safety sensitive as defined
by63 O.S. 427.8.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
* VISION: Vision adequate to: perform patient care and/or
administer medications; observe patients; read assignments,
procedures, labels, signs, dials, displays; record data; and
* HEARING: Hearing adequate to: utilize stethoscope; receive
reports and instructions; utilize Center communication system; and
hear patient requests and alarms.
* SPEECH: Speech adequate to: clearly and audibly report
observations, call emergencies, and explain procedures in providing
care to predominantly English speaking patients and others.
* MOBILITY: Mobility adequate to: be on feet most of 8 hours with
two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break; walk, squat, bend,
and kneel; access stairs; use hands and fingers to grip and hold;
use arms for reaching and extending in a full range of motion in
providing personal care, grooming, feeding tasks and/or
administering medication and treatments to patients; physically
turn, position, ambulate, and transport patients with mechanical
lift (routine care) independently or with assistance; lift and
carry up to 25 pounds without assistance; and push or pull
(maneuver) wheelchairs, geri chairs, carts, etc. weighing up to 500
pounds or 25 lbs. of force as measured by a Chatillon force gauge
or similar device. In emergency situations must transfer patients
with 2, 3, or 4 person lift technique on level surface or
* ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to work with all chemicals involved in
performing the essential functions of the job.
* ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: If assigned administrative duties, must be
able to sit for extended periods of time.
* JOB ASSIGNMENT: Must be able to work on any unit or shift as
assigned or to float to other units or shifts to meet the needs of
Education and Experience required at this level is none
Keywords: State of Oklahoma, Tulsa , Temp Patient Care Assistant, Other , Claremore, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!