Wound Care Coordinator
Company: ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Wound Care Coordinator directs, organizes, and develops all
wound care services in accordance with applicable federal, state,
regulatory, and company standards to ensure the delivery of quality
patient care is rendered at all times, and that the Plan of Care
and physician orders are followed with regard to wound care
treatments. This position functions independently, demonstrates
above average communication skills, personal integrity, and works
effectively with patients, family members, physicians, staff, and
outside agencies as required. The position leads hospital wound
education efforts, as well as educates patients and family members
on wounds and wound care topics. While this position does not
specifically supervise clinical staff, as the leader of the wound
care program in the hospital this person does direct clinical team
on wound care treatment. This position requires continuous updating
of education and treatment techniques in the delivery of wound
Job Code: 100139
License or Certification:
- RN, Physical Therapist, or Occupational Therapist required for
acute rehab hospitals
- RN required for long term acute care hospitals
- CPR certification required
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Continuous updating of wound care knowledge through seminars and
professional organizations is required
- Minimum One Year experience in wound care
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes participating in patient
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 13402 East 86th Street North, Owasso 74055
Shift: Day Job
Job ID: STOWA120
Keywords: ENCOMPASS HEALTH, Tulsa , Wound Care Coordinator, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!