Company: Granny & Dot's Childcare Center and Early Learning
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Granny & Dot's is a brand new 4 Star childcare center in Owasso.
This is an immediate position. We have 1 FT position 9:00 - 5:30 pm
and 1 PT position 3 pm - 6 pm Avaliable. This is a great entry
level position or a great position for someone in school for Early
Childhood or Elementary Education. Join a team that feels like
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teachers, Assistant Director and
the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for
the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall
care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate,
listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting
the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in
developing positive relationships with the children and their
parents, the Teacher Assistant observes and documents children's
interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents
and staff. Teacher Assistants are responsible for implementing
developmentally appropriate activities based on children's
interests and needs under the direction of the Teacher, The
Assistant Director and the Director.
*Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required*
* Must be 16 years of age or older
* Minimum of 1 year of professional child care experience is
preferred but not required. High energy.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer
* An understanding of child development.
* Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal
* Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
* Must clear a full background check and must pass health
* High School Diploma or GED, and significant college credit in
early childhood education or related field of study.
* CDA or 6 hours of ECE credit preferred but not required.
* High School Student with plans to major in ECE or teaching.
* Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure
continuous quality improvement including but not limited to listed
in the OKDHS Requirements for Childcare Centers Section OAC 340:
* Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use
hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and
hear voices at many levels.
* May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
* A specific vision ability will be required including the ability
to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have
peripheral vision and depth perception.
* Must be able to see and hear a child in distress up to 25 feet
* Must be able to participate in outdoor/indoor play up to 3 times
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly during the course of each
* Must be able to push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
* Paid Time Off
* Sick Pay
* Childcare Discount
* Scrub Reimbursement
* Tuition/Training Reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Tuition reimbursement
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* What is your salary preference?
* Why are you interested in working with children at Granny &
* Early Childhood General Education: 1 year (Preferred)
* CPR Certification (Preferred)
* Infant Safe Sleep (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Granny & Dot's Childcare Center and Early Learning, Tulsa , Teaching Assistant, Other , Owasso, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!