Environmental Geologist III
Company: Associated Environmental Industries
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Environmental Geologist III*
*Equus Environmental, LLC* is seeking a qualified and motivated
individual to join the staff in our
Tulsa, Oklahoma office as an Environmental Geologist III. The
successful candidate will assist our team in conducting
environmental projects across many sites and industries. The
primary function of this position is to support a wide range of
projects that may include surface water, sediment, soil, and
groundwater remedial investigations, site characterizations,
remedial designs, and remedial actions.
* Deliver responsive, high quality environmental consulting
services to Equus' clients.
* Assist project teams through site assessment, investigation,
development of remedial strategy, and attainment of regulatory
* Manage and/or perform a variety of field work including
environmental assessments, environmental investigations, site
inspections, feasibility tests, remedial implementation,
construction oversight, and subcontractor oversight.
* Prepare correspondence, project proposals, technical reports,
work plans and project specifications, and cost estimates and
* Perform complex tasks and provide leadership to ensure internal
and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and
* Assisting in the performance of field activities including
sampling, operations and maintenance of remedial systems, and
* Document field activities.
* Hydrogeological and chemical data evaluation, interpretation and
presentation including tables and figures.
* Installation oversight of soil borings, soil gas probes, and
groundwater monitoring wells.
* Geologic and hydrogeologic interpretation from soil borings,
excavations, trenches, and monitor wells.
* Typical field work tasks include sampling various media
(groundwater, soil, sediment, surface water, soil gas, air, etc.),
obtaining water level measurements, inspecting groundwater
remediation systems, completing field paperwork and documenting
site activities, oversight of subcontractors (drillers, surveyors,
etc.), and interacting with clients.
* Bachelor's Degree in Geology/Geosciences from an accredited
* 3 to 5 years of experience in the environmental field with focus
on compliance and remediation projects.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol tests and routine random
* Must possess valid driver's license, have a safe driving record,
and pass a background check.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers running Windows OS
and Microsoft Office
Suite products (i.e., Excel, Outlook, Word).
* Must be flexible to changes in work schedule and have the ability
to respond to out-of- town projects as needed. Travel as required
and overtime as needed.
* Ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and
carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Ability to climb stairs,
inclines and ladders, and have a tolerance for working in outdoor
environments in a wide range of weather conditions. Ability to use
tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity. Ability to
wear a full-face respirator.
* Possess good oral and written communication skills (English).
* Possesses critical thinking/problem-solving skills including
ability to identify alternative solutions to solve problems.
* Possess strong writing skills and ability to prepare technical
* Self-motivated and able to work individually or with team
* Experience in the installation of monitoring wells, sampling of
various media (groundwater, soil, surface water, sediment, etc.),
logging soil borings, compiling field records and documenting site
activities, and directing subcontractors (drillers,
* Experience with installation, operation, and/or maintenance of
* Professional Geologist license (or ability to obtain) in
* OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
40-hour certificate and 8-hour annual refresher course.
* Knowledge of environmental regulations (i.e., RCRA, CERCLA, ODEQ,
TXRRC, NMED, NMOCD, KDHE, KCC, etc.).
* Oklahoma driller's license.
* Construction oversight experience.
Equus offers competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits that
includes an employer matching Simple IRA plan, health insurance,
and vacation and holiday pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Tulsa, OK 74136: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Associated Environmental Industries, Tulsa , Environmental Geologist III, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!