Direct Care Staff (LMP) - Full time - Week days - $10/hr - Tulsa
Company: A New Leaf
Posted on: November 26, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThis Direct Care shift is full time, and starts at $10
an hour. This shift works Monday - Friday 3pm to 11pm. This
position is a companion to individuals with developmental
disabilities and assists them in acquiring daily living skills.
Providing daily support which includes but not limited to personal
care, daily meal preparation, medication administration, daily
activities, transportation, and continued focus on implementation
of individualized objectives.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS1. Direct Care
staff assist individuals with personal grooming (bathing, dressing,
toileting, etc.) and with other areas of daily living asneeded.
Emphasis is placed on teaching these skills to the individuals you
are serving to continue to focus onworking towards independent
living.2. Implements programs developed by the individuals' teams,
to meet the goals and objectives of each individual'sIndividual
Plan (IP).3. Monitors health and implements health care plans
documented and determined by the individuals' medical team.4.
Completes all required documentation and activities not limited to
incidents, programmatic data, daily activities,administration of
medications, and outcomes.5. Encourages and assists in the planning
of social and recreational activities that are of interest to the
individualsbeing served.6. Ensures the safety and well-being of
individuals served.7. Performs necessary household duties
(cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking, etc.). Encourages
participation byindividuals with emphasis on skill development.8.
Provides individuals with transportation to and from work, school,
appointments, recreational opportunities, etc.9. Adheres to
household budget and maintains proper documentation of
expenditures.10. Responds to communication from family members,
case manager, professionals, and other team members inaccordance
with supervisor approval and guidance.11. Participates in staff
meetings and team meetings as requested.12. Performs other duties
as assigned and needed in regards to the needs of the individuals
REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Some direct care experience highly preferred.
- Must pass all background check requirements.A criminal arrest
check will be done through the OSBI. Any person with a felony
conviction will notwork for A New Leaf (Section 1025.1 et seq. Of
Title 56 of the Oklahoma statues, House Bill 1790).This prohibition
may be disregarded if an appropriate waiver is obtained from the
Office of theDirector, Developmental Disabilities Service Division,
Department of Human Services, or his/herdesignees, and if the Board
of Trustees of A New Leaf, Inc. approves such waiver.
- Community Services Registry check (House Bill 1790) will be
done through DevelopmentalDisabilities Services Division,
Department of Human Services. The person whose name appears onthe
registry cannot work for A New Leaf, Inc.
- Motor Vehicle Report will be obtained through the State of
Oklahoma. Any person with multipleviolations or license suspension
cannot work for A New Leaf, Inc.
- Must emulate the values of A New Leaf, Inc., which includes
being client-focused, customer focused,professional, and
- Must be able to drive, have and maintain a valid Oklahoma
- Must have dependable vehicle at all times.
- Must have and maintain automobile insurance coverage at all
- Must maintain eligibility to operate agency vehicles.
- Physical capacities must include bending, stooping, lifting a
minimum of 40 pounds, as well as the ability tolift, transfer, and
position individuals served.
- Must be able to work with frequent interruptions, deal with
diverse personalities during difficult/sometimes stressful
situations and still complete job assignments.
- Must be able to communicate orally, both over the phone and
- Must be able to prepare and read written documentation as well
as perform and understand basicmathematical functions.
- Work flexible schedule based on schedules of persons served by
and needs of A New Leaf, Inc.
- Must follow policy and procedures of A New Leaf, Inc.
- Insures all individuals served are safe in their environment
and program participation at all times.
- Must fulfill all training and in-service requirements necessary
to work with individuals served within thetimeframe required by A
New Leaf, Inc. and the State of Oklahoma.
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certification.PM21PI197528706
Keywords: A New Leaf, Tulsa , Direct Care Staff (LMP) - Full time - Week days - $10/hr - Tulsa, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!