Corporate Industrial Security Specialist
Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is not a Security Guard position.
Responsbilities include processing employee security clearances
(PCLs), visit authorization requests (VARs), and nomination
letters. Ensure proper personnel security procedures are followed
in accordance with the following: National Industrial Security
Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), intelligence community and
government regulations directives, and all applicable Cherokee
Nation Businesses (CNB) policies and procedures.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Includes the following:
* Assists with the administration and initiation of clearance
requests, review SF-86 submissions for completeness and accuracy,
and submit e-fingerprint records.
* Assists in the administration of visitor control requests and
* Submits visit authorization requests and customer nomination
letters on behalf of the Facility Security Officer (FSO).
* Collects and organizes data in a cohesive manner for use in the
government security primary database system Access Commander, or
similar personnel tracking database.
* Assists with security briefings/debriefings and tracking of
* Performs data entry of training records and other reporting
* Participates in self-inspections to include the defense security
service assessment and other government and/or company audits.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
No supervisory/management authority.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
High School Diploma or GED and 1 to 2 years of customer service,
data entry, or clerical experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES*
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Excellent written, communication, and computer skills.
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines.
* Ability to follow detailed instructions and processes.
* Ability to perform job functions independently with minimum
oversight at times.
* Ability to participate as a member of a team in a fast-paced
* Ability to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security clearance.
* Pursuant to U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, Cherokee
Federal is now requiring that all employees be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 by January 3rd and going forward. Prospective employees
will fall under this requirement and proof of vaccination will be
required for on-boarding, should you be selected. Limited
exemptions for religious or medical reasons will be considered.
* TEMPORARY NOTE: On Tuesday, Dec. 7, a federal judge issued an
injunction blocking President Joe Biden's COVID-19 vaccine mandate
for federal contractors (EO 14042). Cherokee Federal is monitoring
the court case and awaiting a final ruling. As a result of the
injunction, Cherokee Federal is halting the enforcement of the
mandate, however, if the injunction is lifted and the mandate
remains, Cherokee Federal must reenact its vaccine requirement.
*ABOUT THE TEAM*
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the
economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American
tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team
of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the
construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions
portfolios - ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to
cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government
contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our
3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you
should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or
for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.. If
you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant
under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking
employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* JPAS: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Cherokee Nation Businesses, Tulsa , Corporate Industrial Security Specialist, Other , Catoosa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!