Machinist Crankshift Grinder Night Shift
Company: NOV, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose and
machining centers to fabricate metallic parts by performing the
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on
material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on lathe machines,
grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as
- Performs general machining, OD / ID turning, and boring with
minor thread work.
- Verifies dimensions and conformance of finished workpiece to
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings or programmed control data.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines,
and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality
- Develops specifications from general description and draws
sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or
others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications (education and/or experience) :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or GED and Two to four years related
experience and/or training.
- Crankshaft grinder, grinding to final requirement
- CNC experience preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able
to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own
work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such
as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Competitive Benefits (visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information
about our benefits offerings)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - NOV matches every dollar up to 5% of
base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest
- Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family
(yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first
date of hire for as little as $125 per pay period (bi-weekly)
- Employees and their spouse enrolled in a medical plan can earn
up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family
(when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid
vacation per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive up to 11 paid holidays
Keywords: NOV, Inc., Tulsa , Machinist Crankshift Grinder Night Shift, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!