IT - Tech-support 3
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: January 28, 2023
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking IT - Tech-support 3_Non-ClearedActual
Job Title: Airports Systems Delivery EngineerJob Summary:
- This role is responsible for providing strong focus on customer
- You will be asked to perform and/or support mission critical
deployment work remotely or at customer sites within the Airports
System Delivery Team.
- Along with the responsibility of communicating effectively with
others and managing your workload to achieve your project goals.
- Deploy full spectrum of company Airports common use systems and
products - at some of the worlds most prestigious airports within
- Install, update, and test new and existing airline and airport
applications, configure common use workstations and
- Install third party software products and integrate them into
company Airports common use and system integration products.
- Participate in deployment activities required for airports in
North America (and in other regions If needed)
- Travel to customer sites, perform site surveys, interface
(written and oral) with technical and nontechnical personnel to
perform installation activities.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations,
modifications, and enhancements to products in accordance with
customer contract specifications and implementations.
- Adhere to installation instructions and guidelines and use
industry best practices to deliver the best quality service.
- Use the appropriate tools and equipment to perform the
installation, intervention, and problem solving in accordance with
System Delivery guidelines and instructions where provided.
- Follow established policies and procedures in analyzing
situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Provide best practices for day-to-day operations, performance
analysis, tuning and capacity planning for products deployed and
suggest and implement performance improvements when necessary.
- Proactively detect problems, support, and escalate the problems
to next level of support when they cant be resolved in timely
manner. Interface with on-site maintenance personnel, provide 3rd
level support where needed to meet the Service Level Agreements
- Frequently interact with customers and coordinate with Airlines
and Airport Authorities at airports regarding technical
requirements, configurations and testing of airline and airport
- Commission and hand over systems components and enhancements to
- Assist in design reviews and procurement when necessary.
- Involve yourself in all aspects of intra-Airports technical
discussions involving technical solutions all the way through to
technical problems and solutions for all sites where
- Closely liaison with the project management, account
management, customer support and sales teams for technical exchange
of information and planning of operations and projects.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and future products and
requirements and industry trends within Airports domain.
- Works with 1st and 2nd level technical support and development
teams and other cross departments to assist resolving engineering
issues/problems. Actively addresses performance issues and risks.
- Associate degree in Computer Science/Computer Programming and 2
years of relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, 3 years of
relevant experience is preferred.
- May consider someone right out of college if they have a degree
in Computer Science.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now
or in the future. Company will not offer sponsorship for this
- Experience in the implementation, administration, and
troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 through 2022 and
Windows 10 Operating System in both virtual and physical
- Experience as a system engineer at an Enterprise IT company or
managed services organization.
- Hands on experience in implementation and troubleshooting of
enterprise networks and application issues.
- Knowledge and experience in TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3
switching/routing, Cisco IOS, IP address provisioning, VLAN
allocation and management, LAN and WAN environments, HSRP, DNS,
- Experience in the installation and the configuration of Cisco
routers, ASA, PIX, VPN equipment.
- Experience in Virtualization technologies such as VMware and
its suite of virtualization products and tools such as vSphere,
vCenter, vMotion, vShield, vMware workstation, vMWare Player,
including the planning, deployment, configuration and
administration of host systems and virtual machines.
- Linux OS a plus.
- Travel may be extensive based on contract award volume. Expect
upwards of 75% travel load, mostly in North America with possible
South Americas and other global assignments.
- Must have current passport or have passport renewal in
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal
- Live in/around Tulsa, OK Preferred Qualifications:
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems
- Determine the issue
- Help shape the plan for the next steps.
- Willingness to work with a team.
- You will have to work with a wide variety of people and need
the skills to effectively communicate the issues and needs to
complete your portion of a project.
- Interface with
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Knowledge of computing hardware, software and networking.
- Ability to install hardware and software.
- Ability to configure various software/hardware as needed.
- Support various systems, Windows servers, Windows workstation,
- Knowledge of wide variety of airport innovational products and
services such biometrics facial recognition technologies,
artificial intelligence, queue management systems.PDS Tech, Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status. Founded in
1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty
staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit PDS pays for referrals!
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Tulsa , IT - Tech-support 3, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!