IT Helpdesk Support
Company: Buchanan Technologies
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Buchanan Technologies is hiring for IT Helpdesk Support
Specialist in Tulsa, OK. -BASIC FUNCTION: -Resolves entry-level
end-user calls and installs, modifies, and repairs desktop and
laptop computer hardware and software systems under close
supervision. -ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: -
- Provides Tier 1 support primarily, and as needed and assigned
Tier 2 support.
- Receives and responds to user requests, providing users with
technical support and resolving routine problems concerning
information and voice systems related issues and other
- Receives and coordinates, as needed, all levels of technical
questions from users.
- Documents all user requests and enters status data from user
calls into the Help Desk application; writes regular reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication with
end-users throughout the lifecycle of their issue or service
- Installs software, hardware, and peripheral components.
- Creates packages for quick install of all applications.
- Maintains desktop hardware and peripherals inventory within the
asset management system.
- Installs, maintains, coordinates telecommunications and server
hardware installation and configuration under close
- Maintains physical security and logical security accounts for
- Monitors and resolves entry-level issues relating to systems,
network, and security.
- Performs entry-level remedial actions to correct problems.
- Writes clear, concise, and accurate procedural documentation,
provides basic training to users on new company-provided product
releases and new products.
- Relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their
supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and
complete discretion. -EXPERIENCE:A minimum of two years of related
work experience is required. -EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: A minimum of a
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. -REQUIRED SKILLS:
-Basic computer skills, decision-making, analytical, problem
solving and interpersonal skills. Intermediate reading and writing
skills, basic reading skills, the ability to perform basic
mathematical calculations, and excellent interpersonal skills with
the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written
and verbal communication. Will be required to obtain the following
certifications in prescribed time frame from the effective date of
assignment: A+ in 6 months; MCP in 12 months. -PREFERRED SKILLS:
Special training in A+ and Network + or MCDST, MCP, and HDI are
preferred. S -SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: None. -WORK
CONDITIONS: Office based with up to 30% travel by land or air is
required. Petroleum refinery and driver-based environment,
including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks,
rotating equipment, exposure to risk of electrical shock, and
working in confined spaces. From time to time, required to work
long hours which may include nights, weekends, holidays for
regularly scheduled maintenance and emergency work and support as
well as on-call availability. Subject to all weather and varying
road conditions -Buchanan Technologies provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Buchanan Technologies complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training. - -
Keywords: Buchanan Technologies, Tulsa , IT Helpdesk Support, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...