Fitter - Night Shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2023
25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017Why Valmont -We're
Here to Move the World Forward.Valmont impacts millions of people
around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many
ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population,
supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to
renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to
create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont
is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital
infrastructure to make life better.Join a Fortune 1000 company that
respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees
as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the
modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply
We are currently seeking individuals to join our team of Fitters at
both our Tulsa and Claremore locations. Candidates who apply for
this position between 09/10/2023 and 10/28/2023 and are selected
for hire will be eligible for an additional retention bonus. The
retention bonus plan will provide payment of $1250.00 to be paid in
total, after reaching 4 months ($400) and 8 months ($750.00) of
service. Those who hire on and refer additional fitters that begin
employment will also then be eligible for an increased referral
A Brief Summary of This Position
This individual contributor position operates welding equipment to
build and weld poles using the GMAW welding process. The required
welding certification for this position is in accordance with AWS
D1.1 and specialized certifications to meet customer requirements.
Welding positions required are flat, horizontal (rotational),
vertical down as needed. Candidate adjusts welding machine to
prescribed parameters, operate preheaters, Oxy-fuel, and plasma
cutting equipment, in preparation for base and finish welding.
Utilizes IFS labor reporting system, standard shop forms,
specifications, and blueprints to complete work. The Fitter may
operate shaft straightening and squaring equipment, Overhead
cranes, and Forklifts upon certification. Will work on product up
to 120 inches in diameter and weighing up to 80,000lbs.
- Fitting assemblies to produce fabricated metal products used in
electrical poles, substation and other structures.
- Inspect machinery setup required to produce sound
- Use blueprint to determine the joint geometry required.
- Locate and Tack weld components per the Blueprint.
- Report, parts, machine or drawing errors to Supervisor, Lead
and QA as needed.
- Cleaning of tack welds in preparation for inspection.
- Preform first article inspection before requesting
- Recording labor when complete.
- Load / offload work station.
- Preforms repetitive operations according to Weld Procedure
Specifications and Manufacturing tolerances to produce assemblies
with soundness and integrity.
- Preform Welder Job duties as needed.Important Details about the
- Communicates with co-employees, Supervisors and Leads
- Operates Forklifts and Overhead cranes after Certification in
- Preforms housekeeping duties in the shop and wok site.
- Requires the use of common shop math, measuring in Ft., In.,
Fractions and preform Fraction to Decimal conversions.
- Required to read complex prints and Specifications and produce
products per shop drawing.
- This position reports to the Department Supervisor.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Pass and maintain welder certification for AWS D1.1 using the
- Complete the Valmont Basic Welder training program.
- Ability to read drawings and specification without
- Ability to read to read and use a tape measure, Level digital
and bubble, weld gages, protractor.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Ability to setup, operate, and preform general maintenance of
equipment (e.g. changing liners, drive rolls, etc.).
- Ability to locate information from a computer.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety through practices behavior
and conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in department LEAN and Safety while
working in a team environment.
- The ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications.
- Previous experience fitting structural steel products.
- Knowledge of Valmont's quality procedures, standards, and
- A working knowledge of Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook, and
- Have a high awareness for safety at all times.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. -Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total
Well-Being benefit package to ensure their individual and family's
overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes
reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching
and more.*Due to the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union
contracts, not all benefits are the same.
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Tulsa , Fitter - Night Shift, Other , Claremore, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!