Company: National Steak Processors
Posted on: September 21, 2023
$58000.00 To $63000.00 Annually
Under the direction of the Food Safety Quality Assurance (FSQA)
Manager, the HACCP Coordinator / Food Safety Quality Assurance
Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the management of the
Quality Assurance and Food Safety systems. The Coordinator /
Supervisor ensures that the regu latory requirements per FSIS-USDA
and GFSI Code are followed. Additionally, this position is also
responsible for the monitoring and verifying / filing of records
generated from the HACCP Program and Microbiological testing
This position should be able to perform the duties of the Quality
Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Lead, and Quality Assurance
Technician as required. The position requires working any hours
from Pre-Op inspection to the end of production as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First and foremost, the FSQA Supervisor is responsible for
working as an FSQA Technician and ensuring that these duties are
covered daily (as needed).
- Learn and become proficient in all FSQA Tech and Lead positions
to ensure understanding and to fill in for breaks as needed.
- In the absence of the FSQA Manager, the Supervisor will be
responsible for completing foreign material incident reports, SSOP
and HACCP deviation reports, etc.
- Responsible for the management of the HACCP, SSOP and
supporting monitoring records review and verification.
- Responsible for the daily record review of Food Safety and
- Work closely with FSIS to address immediate issues.
- Back up to the 3 rd shift Lead - personnel handling the
microbiological sampling program including any of the following:
preparing, labeling, collecting micro swabs, interpretation of
results from 3 rd party laboratory, preparation of customer
- Schedule and Lead / maintain HACCP Team Meetings /
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable regulatory agencies
including USDA-FSIS, Bureau of Weights and Measures, and State and
- Maintain and update HACCP Plan / SSOP Plan and other food
safety / quality programs as appropriate and participate in annual
- Assist with maintaining BRC system and documentation.
- Earn respect by being the subject matter expert who effectively
communicates and provides feedback to each other and our customers
- HACCP Coordinator for Hodges
- HACCP Pre-Shipment Review
- Lead the Monthly audits and maintain documentation - i.e.
Hodges, facility audits, etc.
- Assist in training and developing FSQA technicians.
- Keep FSQA manager informed daily of problems incurred during
the shift. Provide leadership, coaching and accountability to FSQA
- BRC program participant, responsible for their department's
knowledge and compliance to the BRC standard - includes:
Housekeeping and Hygiene in High-Risk and High-Care
Zones/Waste/Waste Disposal in High-Risk, High-Care Zones/Protective
Clothing in High-Risk and High-Care Zones; Control of
Non-conforming product; Documentation, Records; Management of
allergens; Personal Hygiene/Protective clothing; Corrective &
Preventative Actions; Housekeeping and hygiene; Chemical and
Physical Product Contamination Control; Product Inspection and
Laboratory Testing/Product Release; Chemical and Physical Product
Contamination Control; Written HACCP Program and records.
- Work with and understand customer specifications to ensure
quality and food safety parameters for their products are
- Ensure proper coverage of FSQA Tech positions in the absence of
the FSQA Manager.
- Assist with product quality attributes tracking and
- Responsible for placing nonconforming product on hold and
notifying relevant departments of the holds as well as releasing of
- Participate in the investigation and corrective actions for
HACCP Deviations, foreign objects, microbiological non-conformities
and from GFSI audit findings.
- Assist in validation and verification of pre-requisite
- Assist with FSQA Program and document management.
- Conduct investigations regarding FSQA tech performance and
- Conduct performance assessments of direct reports and provide
- Oversee training for employees during their orientation period,
annually, and as needed for food safety and quality programs and
- Responsible for releasing non-conforming products and notifying
relevant departments of the release.
- Make decisions regarding corrective actions.
- Performs Pre-Operational Inspection as needed.
- Performs periodic walk throughs of the production floor to look
for food safety / quality opportunities for improvement- a minimum
- Assist with Traceability Exercises as needed.
- Maintain good communication and working relationship with FSQA
team members, operations, and USDA personnel.
- Support customer visits / audits
- Support GFSI audit
- Oversee the pest control program.
- Record data collected from audits into computer-based data
sheets with attention to detail and accuracy. Graph and trend data
using MS Excel.
- Filing and scanning of FSQA Paperwork
- Verify that checklists / paperwork is updated and correct
- Other duties as assigned.
Share Supervisor Responsibilities such as but not limited to:
- FSQA Technicians along with 1 st & 3 rd shift Leads - Monitor
for effectiveness of job duties and relate to manager.
- Monitor FSQA technicians for effectiveness of job duties and
relate to manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Systems including HACCP.
- GMP and SSOP
- Knowledge of prerequisite programs.
- Organizational Support - follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports
organizations goals and values. Supports affirmative action and
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions. Includes appropriate people decision-making process;
makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
uses timely efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in
timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for
own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Ability to maintain regular and
punctual attendance; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when
absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Ability to maintain concentration while performing tasks over
period of time.
- Will work with a variety of personalities, and employee
classification/positions both internally and externally, the
ability to work cooperatively and get along with others are
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and
- Ability to coordinate actions in relation to others'
- Know how to collect and identify essential information.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as filing and
records maintenance and Microsoft Office Products including Word,
Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to prepare presentations and conduct meetings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Animal Science, Food Science or related field
- Quality Assurance and Food Safety experience of 3+ years in
meat processing or value-added food processing.
- Quality Assurance and Food safety Leadership experience of 2+
- Strong working knowledge of Quality Systems including HACCP,
- HACCP Certified within the first 180 days.
- Certified in GFSI standard - BRC within 1 year.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Bilingual;
English and Spanish a plus, but not required. Ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Communicates with internal and external customers with tact and
discretion. Applies broad knowledge of products and services when
communicating with individuals outside the immediate work
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic
knowledge of computers, Knowledge of Database, Spreadsheet, Word
Processing, and Manufacturing software.
Ability to apply disciplined knowledge to analyze and resolve
problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry
out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
HACCP Certified within the first 180 days.
GFSI Code - BRC Practitioner within 1 year
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Requires full range of body motion to include lifting, bending,
twisting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching outward and
overhead, stopping, and squatting.
- Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the
- Position requires frequent walking and/or standing on even
concrete surface or on fatigue mats, which may at times be slippery
due to marinates, water, and other liquids associated with the
production process. May walk up to multiple miles per workday while
performing essential duties.
- The ability to maintain one's balance while performing the
required work tasks is essential.
- While in the production area Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) such as hair and beard nets, rubber soled shoes, smocks,
rubber gloves and hearing protection is required.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- May require unassisted lifting or a variety of objects from
various positions, which range in weight from 5 to 60 pounds with
an average weight of 34 to 37 pounds.
- Utilizes a variety of hand positions that require hand and
finger dexterity, including the use of mouse and keyboard.
- May be exposed to strong odors such as marinade from seasoned
- The job is fast paced and the ability to deal with job demands
and stress is essential. Will often be working under pressure of
production deadlines or emergency situations.
Full-time regular position that works Monday through Friday,
generally 8-10 hours per day, Saturday / Sunday hours when
production runs. Some travel might be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate controlled of 68 F
to 72 F and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust,
typically found in an office environment.
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of -40
F to 45 F with regular exposure to prolonged noise. While in the
production area, all employees are required to wear Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber
soled shoes, smocks, and hearing protection and hard hats.
1st Shift Associated topics: business coach, captain, editor in
chief, manager, petty officer, planning operations, police captain,
police chief, project manager, supervisor
Keywords: National Steak Processors, Tulsa , HACCP/FSQA Supervisor, Other , Owasso, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!