Certified Medication Aide -Mon-Fri/1st shift
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Posted on: November 16, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The Certified Medication Aide
is responsible to pass medication (under direction of Nurse) and to
provide direct, hands-on care to residents to ensure residents
attain or maintain the highest possible physical, mental and
emotional well-being possible for each resident.
- Under the supervision of the Nurse, passes medication and
provides treatments according to physician's orders and in
accordance with facility policy.
- Provides, completes and documents as assigned timely and
- Reports changes in resident's condition immediately to the
- Follows safety policies in performing nursing care.
- Attends and participates in facility meetings and in-service
- Practices good infection control techniques in all aspects of
- Observes residents' rights including, but not limited to,
privacy, dignity, etc.
- Safeguards the resident's privacy and property.
- Participates in the orientation of new or temporary staff to
the unit to assure continuity in the delivery of resident
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family
members and guests.
- Provides restorative care to residents as assigned by the Nurse
or as indicated in the overall plan of care.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers. The
Certified Medication Aides must have completed an approved training
program and passed competency examinations in clinical skills and
written knowledge to obtain certification as both a Certified
Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) and Certified Medication Aide (CMA).
- Demonstrate the ability to set and establish priorities
- Manages time efficiently
- Frequently required to carry objects including charts and
equipment up to 30 pounds. May occasionally be called to carry
equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to perform standing, sitting, twisting,
bending, squatting, kneeling or crouching when assisting others.
Walking most of an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must work well independently and with others.
- Must be able to give clear and concise direction to staff and
others. For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet Insurance For more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Tulsa , Certified Medication Aide -Mon-Fri/1st shift, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!