Substation Designer I
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Position SummaryEASi has been a leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market for more than 35 years, with particular expertise in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded systems and manufacturing engineering. With 2,400 dedicated employees across the U.S. and India, EASi offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices and consumer/industrial products.The position falls within the substation department of the organization. The designer will develop construction drawings for substations with the assistance of higher level designers and engineers.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop 3-D models of Electrical Substation features and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, etc. using MicroStation with assistance by higher level designers
- Develop layout of parts and assemblies in 2-D and 3-D drawings
- Modify and/ or update existing models, assemblies, and layouts to reflect changes to the design
- Work with part naming and numbering conventions; and file naming and management protocols
- Create or modify physical drawings such as single line diagrams, station location plans, electrical assemblies, cable and conduit plans, cable schedules, grounding plans, duct bank designs and layouts, and other details and drawings that will provide sufficient detail and information to construct an electrical substation with guidance of higher level designers and engineers
- Use ProjectWise for project documentation to track all design modifications and new designs with assistance by higher level designers
- Will work under supervision of higher level designers and engineersEducation and Experience Requirements
- Zero to five years of experience designing physical layouts, equipment layouts, plan views, elevation views, section views, and creating detailed bills of material
- Zero to five years of 3D design experience using MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Associate degree in applied science (AAS) in drafting and computer aided (CAD) design or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology or equivalent experience and/or educationRequisite Abilities and Skills
- Demonstrate ability to physical design drawings such as layouts, plan views, and section views from substation one-line drawings and project scope documents with guidance and assistance from more experienced designers
- 3-D knowledge of electrical drawing symbols and their purpose
- Familiarity with one-line drawings, three-line drawings, fuse and circuit breaker coordination
- Basic understanding of design practices and engineering systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
- Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership rolesAmazing begins here. EASi is a leading global services company specializing in engineering and sciences. For more than 35 years, EASi has delivered critical services across a range of industries, including energy and utilities, transportation, heavy equipment, consumer and industrial products, medical devices, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, as well as academic and health care research. By adapting to the constantly evolving needs of our customers, we have built specialized expertise and a multidisciplinary perspective - leveraging cutting-edge technology and processes - to constantly improve and innovate. Through EASi's flexible solutions and consultative approach, customers in engineering and sciences can expect unparalleled quality, increased speed to market and collaborative customer engagement services. Headquartered in Hanover, Maryland, EASi has 3,700 dedicated employees across North America, Europe and Asia. EASi is an Aerotek company, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group? Inc., a global leader in talent solutions. To learn more about EASi, visit EASi.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: EASi, Tulsa , Substation Designer I, Other , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!