NCC Tier I Technician
Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications
infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth
connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s
leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline
carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and
professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides
customers with flexible solutions and self-service through
Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing
This position is primarily responsible for identifying and
isolating network faults and providing problem resolution. The Tier
I Technician will assist customers with segmentation and repair of
circuit troubles within our client networks. The role will be
responsible for evaluating the network or customer trouble,
performing troubleshooting and isolation, ordering replacement
part(s) as necessary, creating a change request if applicable, and
working with the field operations staff to initiate final repair.
The Tier I Technician will also support other NCC team members in
training, reviewing technical bulletins and job aides to determine
equipment firmware upgrade requirements. The role will perform a
critical function within the network repair process and can
ultimately impact the NCC s ability to meet network availability
and time to repair commitments made to our customers. The position
has daily expectations, but is primarily driven by network faults
in the Zayo Fiber Solutions (Fiber, Facilities, FTT and private)
networks that require a greater attention to detail and management
from a technical resource.
* Network Fault Management: Perform transport equipment/EMS fault
isolation and repair.
* Customer Trouble management: Accept customer phone calls for
circuit troubles, isolate fault location, and repair fault faults
if located on our clients network. Provide regular updates to the
customer on circuit status.
* Workload Management: Ensure all appropriate equipment
alarms/tickets are being captured. Actively monitor the network and
effectively transition open issues to other NCC shifts, as
* Materials Management: Creation of part requests and coordination
of spare part delivery and replacement.
* Technical Escalation: Is responsible for supporting and
cross-training other PN NCC technicians, and escalating to next
level of technical support (Tier II, Tier III, vendor) as
* Network Performance Management: Is responsible for engaging
equipment vendor support, engaging Tier II / Tier III support,
performing hardware/software upgrades, and validating equipment
* Proactive and Preventive Maintenance: Is proactively seeking and
identifying potential network problems and addressing these issues
before becoming service affecting events.
* Professionally manage difficult and/or emotional customer
* Responds promptly to customer needs.
* Solicit customer feedback to continually improve service.
* Respond to requests for service and assistance and meet customer
* Actively monitor network equipment and facilities ensuring prompt
response to environmental and potential customer traffic
interrupting alarms. Alarms will be addressed and documented in
trouble tickets with notifications issued to internal
organizations, and to customers, where applicable.
* Open/Close Network Trouble Tickets: Is responsible for alarm
response and trouble ticket assignment, resolving open trouble
tickets, pursuing resolution to closure on all open tickets.
* Ability to follow Event Management processes by effectively
managing a service affecting event to include fault isolation and
troubleshooting, engaging necessary groups or personnel in a timely
manner, prompt technical or management escalation and notification,
prioritizing tasks, coordination of efforts of personnel or groups,
alarm history and research, alt-routing research and
implementation, identifying affected equipment and affected
customer circuits, accurate event documentation, and maintaining
* Ability to investigate network outages to determine root cause,
and provide recommendations for changes in processes and
procedures, or network configuration to prevent recurrence of
similar outages in the future.
* Responsible for thoroughly reviewing and understanding parameters
of network scheduled maintenance and to authorize, conduct,
supervise or monitor network maintenance activities in conjunction
with other internal or external groups.
* Ability to act professionally at all times with customers.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo Group, Tulsa , NCC Tier I Technician, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!