Maintenance Engineer II
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Primary PurposeKJRH, The Scripps NBC affiliate in Tulsa, OK is
hiring a Maintenance Engineer II. The Maintenance Engineer II works
under the direction of the Director of Engineering to provide
preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio, IT
and HD equipment and radio frequency (RF) systems including VHF
transmitters and microwave. Heavy emphasis on newsgathering
equipment including cameras, wireless gear, live trucks, and
Please click or copy and paste this link to watch a short video
about working in the Scripps Engineering & Technology group:
- Provide world-class customer service to all business partners
internal and external to the Scripps organization with a positive
- Assist in supporting, maintaining, and installing the full
range of broadcast, digital workflow, RF, and production systems
based on both SDI and IP based architecture. May need to run and
facilitate cables and connectors.
- Assist in setting up new and enhancing existing software,
hardware, server, automation and workflow systems, projects, and
equipment to enable our teams to be both productive and efficient.
Ensure all meet current industry standards and comply with Company
policies and expectations.
- Partner with News to help develop, build and support content
workflow and support systems including integration and
problem-solving software, hardware, networking, and infrastructure.
This will include the support and integration of Audio and Video,
Cameras, editing systems, streaming, content management, and
- Use the company purchasing management system to purchase and
track assets and services as well as replacement cycles. This will
include contributing to budgeting planning with the team and DoE to
support business needs.
- Drive, and provide assistance in operation, support, and
maintenance of mobile live trucks which may involve work in
confined spaces and on top of vehicles with the use of mobile work
platforms. Live truck technology may include microwave, satellite,
cellular bonding, and video/audio equipment.
- Assist in the design of any improvements to our operation.
- Help maintain logs and reports as per FCC Rules and
- Provide, enhance, and utilize proactive monitoring system to
anticipate technical issues and be able to act accordingly
- Update technical plan documentation when installations are
completed to include changes that are made.
- Document and maintain records of equipment repairs.
- Research part numbers and pricing to determine where to
purchase and the cost of repairs.
- Ability and willingness to operate all studio, news and control
- Perform other duties as directed.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Military training or technical school, associates or bachelor's
degree (preferred) in computer science, electronic engineering, or
- Network certification (SBE CBNT, Cisco, CompTIA Network+,
Skills and Abilities
- Willing to develop knowledge in all of the following areas, and
specialize in at least one of these areas:
- Broadcast and production systems support and engineering
including SDI and IP based technology and workflow
- Extensive knowledge of computer networking, broadcast
automation, and workflow systems.
- Transmitter support and engineering.
- A strong understanding and ability to work with IT/cellular
systems, servers, and devices, and actively pursue emerging
technology in these areas.
- Solid working knowledge of Windows, Apple, and Linux server and
client operating systems including active directory.
- Some knowledge of CAD an advantage.
- Positive "can-do" attitude and willingness to learn and grow
with the job.
- Strong people skills and the ability to deliver a high level of
- Team player.
- Ability to effectively communicate with departmental and
station personnel, and external companies and customers as
- Ability to resolve complex problems not covered by existing
procedures or practices independently often whilst under
- Must have some knowledge of FCC rules.
- Ability and willingness to learn complex new systems.
- Ability to work independently under timelines to achieve
departmental and station goals.
- Must be able to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings, and
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and work within
- Familiarity with various test instruments, alignment
apparatuses and knowledge of personal computers.
- Operational knowledge of television station equipment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including able to work
multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime
hours as needed. Availability to travel over multiple days is
- Must be able to work in changing weather conditions.
- Yes - Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Yes - Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be
About ScrippsThe E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) advances
understanding of the world through journalism. As the nation's
fourth-largest independent TV station owner, Scripps operates 60
television stations in 42 markets. Scripps empowers the next
generation of news consumers with its multiplatform news network
Newsy and reaches growing audiences through broadcast networks
including Bounce and Court TV. Shaping the future of storytelling
through digital audio, Scripps owns top podcast company Stitcher
and Triton, the global leader in technology and measurement
services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting
newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the
Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held
for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find
their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition,
disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and
military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which
would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local
law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in undue hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Tulsa , Maintenance Engineer II, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!