Maintenance Authorization Coordinator
Company: Avis Budget Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals-although
over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries
has taught us a thing or two about that. We're shaping the future
of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused
solutions. Our globally recognized brands - Avis, Budget, Budget
Truck and Zipcar - connect people to more. This means more
convenience, more options and more time on the road for our
customers. But we also connect our employees to more:
opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most
importantly-power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join
our family.Using the Maintenance Management System for labor and
parts standards, this position is responsible for reviewing all
work completed and work exceptions to ensure charges are in
accordance with the system guidelines and approve if appropriate.
Will also review and approve all repairs and repair orders for work
to be completed on trucks and towing equipment. Ensure all
unassigned work has been approved and assigned to the appropriate
provider within the territory. Identify maintenance issues
(including tires, glass & windshield etc.) and work with the
Maintenance Manager, Regional Maintenance Manager and the Manager
of Budget Truck Maintenance to resolve any open items. Assist with
maintaining the running cost of repairing the fleet and exercise
good judgment in the authorization of repairs to optimize fleet
utilization.What you'll do:
- Makes certain all inbound calls for pre-approval of maintenance
on fleet and towing equipment are addressed and responded to within
the Company guidelines. Ensure all repairs are completed and
processed within a timely manner and are within the Pre-Approval
guidelines established by the Company.
- Enter all work orders into the Maintenance Management System.
Responsible for entering accurate data, efficiently and have the
ability to retrieve processed data. Proof material entered and
generate minor reports as required.
- Respond to all incoming calls in a timely manner to ensure
customer satisfaction through the investigation and resolution of
issues or concerns regarding fleet maintenance issues.
- Work with Estimated Return to Service reports to expedite the
return of vehicles to rentable status and control vehicle
- Control repairs of the fleet to ensure guidelines and repairs
are cost-effective. Works with Maintenance Providers to ensure all
national account vendor programs are being utilized. Negotiate
pricing for parts and labor to meet the Maintenance Management
System Standards. Communicate with the Field Maintenance personnel
to validate exceptions to the Maintenance Management System
guidelines. Makes recommendations on vendor changes in the
Maintenance Management System.
- Assists and supports the Field Maintenance Management team in
building relationships with outside providers.
- Coordinate fleet rotation with the District/Maintenance
Management team to ensure units are available for preventive
maintenance and necessary repairs. Gives support, when needed, in
the preparation of salvage package/s for approval by region. Assist
in the monitoring of trade and sale units according to Company
program guidelines. Works with Maintenance Managers in the disposal
of all obsolete inventory.
- Perform other duties and special assignments as required.What
we're looking for:
- 3 Years background or hands on maintenance experience in fleet
or truck repairs.
- Need to have working knowledge of repairs times, labor rates
and cost of parts. Experience in tire sales and service is a
- Strong problem-solving skills and results-driven orientation.
Ability to demonstrate a drive for achieving results and capacity
to convey a sense of urgency when appropriate.
- Sound time-management and multi-tasking skills and capable of
determining priorities in a fast paced, changing work
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Strong math and analytical skills, ability to analyze
maintenance repair data and cost figures to determine areas of
concerns or areas that require action.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly
communicate accurate maintenance and or repair information to a
wide variety of audiences, including staff operations and providers
both verbally and written.
- Professional phone skills needed
- Strong customer service skills, and professional responsiveness
to both external and internal customers.Extra points for this:
- Technical School Degree
- Computer skills, including Excel spreadsheet knowledgePerks
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group
Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal
Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance,
Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public
transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase
of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including
counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care
service and more
- Community involvement opportunitiesWho are we?Glad you asked!
Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with
brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more
than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries,
we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us
in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career,
a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.The
fine print:Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer -
M/F/Veterans/Disabled. This role requires the ability to lift up to
50 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not
constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement
describes the general nature and level of this position only.
Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business
needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis
Budget Group.Avis Budget Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
TulsaOklahomaUnited States of America
Keywords: Avis Budget Group, Tulsa , Maintenance Authorization Coordinator, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!