Sr. Electrical Engineer
Company: Professional Engineering Consultants
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Professional Engineering Consultants
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran
We are PEC - -a family of professionals that exists to energize
communities, shape the future, and guide the way. Our vision is to
be the solutions firm committed to partnerships with a vision for
growth and community longevity, and we would like to invite you to
learn more about how you can connect your passion to our
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, with additional locations in
Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Colorado, our staff of more than
350 holds professional engineering licenses in all 50 states. Our
work takes us across the nation and around the world to design an
increasing variety of projects from highways to hospitals, water
towers to wind turbines, stadiums to sidewalks, and everything in
The Power and Process Group is looking for individuals that can
help us grow our Power & Process Division. - If you enjoy leading,
growing staff and have the entrepreneurial spirit, this is an
opportunity for you. Our market focus is twofold: 1) the production
and distribution of power for private, municipal and utility
facilities; and 2) process focused heavy industrial, chemical,
midstream/downstream oil & gas facilities.
Position Requirements: -
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering -with power systems
focus from an accredited program.
- Professional registration is a plus but not a
- 7+ years of related work experience and leadership in the
design of electrical and power systems for industrial
- Protection and controls experience.
- Experience with general arrangement & layout drawings, below
grade conduit plans and schedules, lightning protection plans and
analysis, ground grid design and calculations, BOM, control
building layout and equipment, development of drawings and
specifications for purchase of equipment.
- Experience with an Engineering consulting or EPC firm is a
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, specifications, equipment,
materials selection and development of project deliverables within
the discipline. Knowledge of engineering work planning and control
- Have experience in project execution, project cost estimates
detailed design and project execution support. Have a clear
understanding of the steps of project development and level of
detail required in each step of project development.
- A good working knowledge of front-end-engineering-design (FEED)
- Proficient user of MS Office software.
- Experience leading a team.
- Great leadership qualities and team oriented with excellent
written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-focused with a strong work ethic.
- Are pro-active and willing to take initiative, responsive and
sensitive to project, client and personnel needs.
- Effectively manages multiple and conflicting
- Occasional travel to field / project sites / other offices may
- Monitor project financial information, review and approve
billings, provide support for accounts receivable efforts.
- Monitor progress on projects and provide input into areas of
concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievement of
project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and
- Coordinate project schedules and needs with team members and
- Assist in development of project proposals.
- Assist in workflow development and preparation and maintenance
of tools and standards for detailed design.
- Work with managers, practice leads, project managers, and team
members to develop business strategies, business development and
client management efforts.
- Actively communicate with internal and external clients to
share business intelligence across multiple teams.
- Assist in determination of division objectives and
requirements, organize projects and develop standards and
- Advance and develop division tools and workflows to increase
efficiency of designs, specification development, and project
- Identify and develop innovative opportunities for business
growth across PEC.
- Assign work and review team member performance to ensure
quality and efficient cost-effective utilization of staff. Monitor
and maintain development staffing levels, staffing loading, and
staffing assignments to meet project requirements while maintaining
- Work with managers, practice leads, project managers and team
members to attract, find and secure talent to develop and
strengthen offered services.
- Mentor, coach and train team staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Professional Engineering Consultants, Tulsa , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!