Maintenance Mechanic/Journeyman Electrician
Company: Covenant Living Communities
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Provide high quality skilled
and specialized maintenance work in the following areas: physical
plant, machinery and equipment, and preventive and corrective
maintenance. Includes specialized responsibilities in electrical
repairs, maintenance repairs, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical,
telephone systems, call for aid, and security.Complete maintenance
assignments in apartments, common areas, offices and service
areas.This may include:
- Installation, repair and replacement of electrical devices and
- Installation, repair and replacement of plumbing fixtures,
- Repair and replacement of door and window closing devices and
- Repair and replace locks as needed,
- Install shelving and other furnishings
- Touch Up apartments and common areas,
- Complete preventative maintenance functions according to the
- Complete daily work orders.Communicate status of work orders
completed, equipment and structure needing repair, etc. so there
can be adequate planning to maintain the smooth operation of the
campus.Respond to emergency situations and take proper corrective
actions. Within prescribed guidelines, call service and warranty
personnel when corrective action needed is beyond department's
capability.Respond to maintenance issues on an on-call basis per
the department rotation. Run errands for parts for the department
as requested. Includes vehicle operation, as applicable for the
location.Participate in required in-service training of new
employees as required by state and federal mandates. Participates
in departmental meetings. Participates in training other
maintenance personnel in procedures. May help direct the work of
other team members.Assist Maintenance Supervisor with overall
coordination of Maintenance Department.EDUCATION AND WORK
EXPERIENCE:Required Degree: High School graduate or equivalent
(GED) Preferred Degree: Vocational training certificate or trade
- Valid driver's license and safe / clean driving record, due to
vehicle operation as applicable for the location.
- Current Oklahoma electrical journeyman's license
- Must have five (5) + years related maintenance experience
working in a similar position, and specialized education or
training with certification in electric, plumbing, HVAC and
maintenance repair procedures (see above).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Must be able to diagnose a variety of equipment.
- Must be able to read and understand technical drawings, such as
as-builts, schematic drawings, wiring diagrams and installation
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written,
English) with residents and staff.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and
follow safety practices.
- Must be cordial and congenial with residents.
- Must be dependable, detail oriented, organized, and have good
- Must be able to work within standard policy and procedures, and
work with limited direct supervision.
- Must be able to organize work orders/daily maintenance schedule
to finish each day's assignment.
- Must have the ability to handle a variety of tasks and
- Must be able to react calmly in emergency situations.
- Must have the ability to show patience and compassion to senior
- Must be considerate of resident's comfort, safety, security and
- Must have ability to use IT devices to track and complete work
orders though computer systems.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mobility in order to move about the campus (may include
multiple buildings, depending on location).
- Frequent stooping, bending, climbing, reaching, pulling /
pushing, and long periods walking and/or standing.
- Occasional lifting (with assistance) of weights up to 100
- Requires ability and mobility to operate mechanical equipment,
hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, campus vehicles, climb
ladders, and work in difficult positions.
- Must possess adequate sight and hearing to meet the
responsibilities of this position.
- May be exposed to some unpleasant conditions or adverse weather
- Must be able to safely work and be comfortable with chemicals,
climbing to various heights, increased noise levels, and power tool
operation.For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org.Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
Keywords: Covenant Living Communities, Tulsa , Maintenance Mechanic/Journeyman Electrician, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!