SMG Plant Operator 1,000 Sign On Bonus - Tulsa, OK
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Job ID: 480438Standard Materials Group, Inc. is a CRH company
producing and providing Ready Mix and Materials transportation
serving Arkansas and Oklahoma. Standard Materials Group, Inc. and
its founding companies have been serving our customers since early
in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the
21st Century!Position DescriptionPosition OverviewThe Plant Manager
will also help the Area manager to develop and maintain a safe work
environment along with teamwork within the concrete production and
delivery departments. The Plant Manager will assist the Area
manager by helping oversee the day to day operations of a plant as
well as providing leadership, training, supervision and support to
the Concrete Delivery Professionals The ultimate goal for this
position is to help develop an environment of safe, working teams
and guiding these teams to be the best in the business (at the
plants and on the job sites).Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties
- Supervise, evaluate, coach, and motivate personnel
- Implement, manage, and enforce all company safety and quality
policies and procedures.
- Manage the workforce assigned to the plant daily.
- Direct work at plant locations and job sites.
- Maintain quality assurance of the plant as required.
- Inspect job sites to ensure smooth delivery of product to
- Act as a liaison with job site, and contractor personnel to
build continuing relationships.
- Perform routine plant maintenance.
- Control expenditures and maximize profits for the plant,
region, and company.
- Control and maintain inventory levels.
- Produce high quality concrete and maintain the plant.
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment and report and repairs
- Assist with accident and environmental
- Complete all paperwork and reports required by the company in a
- Work to resolve or correct disciplinary issues with the
assistance of the Area Manager and District manager for your
- Review time cards and monitor attendance.
- Adhere to and positively communicate all company policies.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned. QualificationsTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree
- Valid state driver's license and satisfactory driving record is
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), class A or B, is
- Three to five years of increasing responsibilities with
concrete or similar duties within construction
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with
customers and company personnel.
- Ability to supervise and control personnel to accommodate
- Ability to take initiative and be a problem solver.
- Ability to make good judgement calls when under pressure.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend detailed
- Ability to understand maps.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions pertinent to billing,
volumes, quantities, etc.
- Must have, or acquire, good computer skills in order to operate
batching, billing, and communication equipment.Work Requirements
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent
lifting of extension chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting
gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive
basis and occasionally exert forces of pushing/pulling of 50 lbs.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high places; outside weather conditions; and risk of
electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!Standard Materials Group, Inc. is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you
want to know more, please click on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Tulsa , SMG Plant Operator 1,000 Sign On Bonus - Tulsa, OK, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...