Company: John Christner Trucking LLC
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job SummaryThe Tractor Technician -is responsible for performing
preventative maintenance and repairs on company trucks and
vehicles, including providing superior customer service and
achieving safety and equipment performance standards.Duties &
- Provide superior customer service to drivers with quality
service and repair needs. -
- Identify, troubleshoot and complete repairs, as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, including
checking the MPH setting, fluids, lights bulbs, belts, and hoses.
- Perform installation of equipment, including Qualcomm, headache
racks, mirrors, safety equipment, strip stickers, decals and
vehicle numbers. -
- Maintain accurate inventory of equipment, ensuring that all
equipment is checked in and out. -
- Promptly complete and submit required paperwork associated with
repairs and service. -
- Conduct state inspection of all tractors and trailers following
company inspection procedures.
- Perform new Driver check-in, including assignment of
appropriate equipment. -
- Perform Driver termination check out, including completion of
- Clean and detail tractors. -
- Shuttle tractors and trailers to local vendors, as
- Maintain a well-organized, clean, efficient and professional
appearing work area. -
- Observe and comply with company safety policies and procedures
and DOT rules and regulations. -
- Shift work, including weekends and holidays, with occasional
overtime, as assigned. -
- Other duties as assigned.Talent Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Ability to read and/or complete quotes, work orders,
warranties, inspection forms, and instruction sheets.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying projects
- Knowledge of the trucking and/or automotive industry is
- Ability to function in a shop environment, which includes
exposure to outside temperatures and conditions, loud noises,
fumes, odors, and potential safety hazards, while applying
knowledge of safety procedures at all times.
- Dexterity, hearing and talking requirements are constant.
- Ability to lift up to 80-100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to use hands, arms, legs, and move the whole body, such
as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and pulling.
- Ability to stand and/or stoop for extended periods of time.
- This is a Safety Sensitive Function per DOT regulations.
-Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive benefit plan which includes medical, dental, and
vision reimbursement. Company sponsored $15,000 group term life
insurance policy and other voluntary elections.
- PTO & Vacation -
- AT&T Discount -
- Free 24/7 onsite gym access -with scheduled yoga and Grit
- Paid weekly!
- 401(k)Company OverviewFor 80+ years, Hirschbach Motor Lines has
built a sterling reputation for delivering time and temperature
sensitive freight. Today, the organization runs two forward facing
brands (Hirschbach & John Christner Trucking (JCT)) which generate
a combined $1.2 billion in revenue and have become the 2nd largest
refrigerated carrier in North America.The companies collectively
provide the highest level of service in the industry and offer a
breath of services to our customers. Hirschbach & JCT have a
tenured history paired with a future of growth and opportunity.
-Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: John Christner Trucking LLC, Tulsa , Tractor Technician, Professions , Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...