Construction Tank Assembler
Company: Tank Connection
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Established in 2003, Tank Connection was founded on a need for
superior customer service in the storage tank industry. Built on
excellence and small town pride, Tank Connection is the
international leader for bolted storage tanks. After transitioning
into a 100% employee owned company, Tank Connection became a
thriving organization thanks to dedicated employees with a
relentless pursuit to outperform. See what Tank Connection has in
store for your future!Position Summary: Construction Tank
Assemblers are responsible for assisting in the field assembly of
bolted steel tank systems utilizing knowledge of safe construction
techniques and a variety of hand and power tools while adhering to
company quality standards for a superior finished tank product.
100% continuous out-of-state travel working 6 to 7 days per week.
Construction Tank Assembler Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of a 3-7 person field construction crew.
- Hourly position with full-time benefits.
- $59 per day Per Diem; Hotels paid by the company.
- Must provide and wear steel-toed boots.
- Must comply with all site and company safety rules and
- Must work in all outside weather extremes.
- Use a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, work
instructions, and other equipment to correctly assemble bolted tank
- Read and follow assembly drawings, prints, and
- Lift, carry, or guide machine aided movement of assembly
materials such as steel sheets, channels, tubes, mechanical
fasteners, and other items as requested/needed for bolted tank
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
and follow prescribed safety procedures.
- Utilize and comply with methods of production, guidelines, and
requirements according to established ISO 9001 policies.
- 100% continuous out-of-state travel working 6 to 7 days per
- May perform other duties as assigned.Construction Tank
Assembler Skills and Specifications:
- Experience with Geodesic Domes and Bolted Tank installation is
- Ability to learn the operation of forklift, man-lift, and other
material handling mobile equipment.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of power and hand
- Willingness to work at heights and inside of tanks.
- Must be able to perform elevated work safely and confidently up
to 150 for extended periods while tied-off and wearing a
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and/or sketches.
- Ability to use simple math to perform basic calculations.
- Knowledge and ability to use common measuring instruments and
hand tools such as tape measure, level, or square.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to receive and comprehend verbal and/or non-verbal
directions from Crew Foreman.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute and work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure
first quality of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships
with people in the course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight
- Able to travel with field crew in the course of work 100% of
the time.Construction Tank Assembler Education and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Have current or able to obtain MSHA training certificate within
the first 30 days of employment.
- Have current or able to obtain OSHA-10 hour training within the
first 30 days of employment. This training is provided by the
company for all new hires.
- Have or be able to obtain a valid drivers license issued within
the United States.
- Have or be able to obtain a United States Passport.
- Must be able to pass site specific background checks and drug
screens.Construction Tank Assembler Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of Construction Tank Assembler, the
individual is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The person must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.Construction Tank Assembler Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of Construction Tank Assembler the
individual is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All
job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health and safety of themselves or other employees.This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State
Laws.Requirements are representative of minimum levels of
knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job
successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes
to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on
an at-will basis.REV-08/16/22 Traveling PositionPI216477312
Keywords: Tank Connection, Tulsa , Construction Tank Assembler, Professions , Altamont, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...