Traffic Control Technician 2 (Tulsa, OK)
Company: RoadSafe Traffic Systems
Posted on: November 14, 2023
The TCT must maintain a safe work zone that ensures that traffic
stays out of the way of the workers. This involves setting up and
removing temporary cones, signs, variable message boards, and
safety barriers that show traffic where to drive, as well as
holding up signs that tells traffic to either stop or to proceed
slowly. Traffic-control technicians must be constantly aware of
both the construction and traffic activity taking place around
them.. May be asked to lead job site team and instruct/monitor and
train crew members on safety and job duties and responsibilities
and report to TCS
- Support project as Flagger as needed to create a safe work
- Set-up signs, cones, etc. around work areas to divert
- Follow all safety rules and regulations and wear proper safety
equipment ( work boots - 6 inch with safety toe, hard hat and
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Complete daily paperwork accurately
- Work well in a team environment
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers
- Must be able to lead job site team and instruct/monitor and
train crew members on safety and job assignments.
- Must be able to communicate to contractor employees, co-workers
and supervisors effectively and manage truck inventory and job site
materials and paperwork
- Excellent attendance required, dependable transportation, good
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; moving
equipment and machinery parts; moving traffic, and fumes and
- Dealing with traveling public effectively
- Noise level of the work environment is usually
- Regularly required to stand/walk; reach with hands and arms;
for up to 14 hours a day
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
- Pass a drug test
- Must have a valid Driver's license.
- Ability to participate and pass Company sponsored Flagger
- 2000 hours and/or 1 year of Traffic Control experience.
- Must have or be able to obtain an ATSSA TCT Certification
- ATSSA TCT Certification needed if under 2,000 hours of service
subject to state/local requirements.
- TMA Certified or the ability to pass TMA certification
- Successfully pass Company provided Defensive Driver
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Traffic Control Technician 2 C-JD2020
About the Organization
RoadSafe Traffic Systems ('RoadSafe') is the largest provider of
traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States.
Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private,
special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states.
Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled
with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet,
state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe
to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our
customers nationwide. RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements
with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and
contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism,
RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in
At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an
excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical,
dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: RoadSafe Traffic Systems, Tulsa , Traffic Control Technician 2 (Tulsa, OK), Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!