Rental Equipment Shop Technician
Company: Hugg & Hall
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is a leading supplier of Material Handling and Construction Equipment. Representing multiple lines, we are a turnkey operation offering new, used, parts, service and rental for industrial and construction equipment needs. Hugg and Hall knows that an environment where the employee is valued, well-trained, and confident will bring satisfaction to the customer or client. If you are seeking a career with a company that can offer opportunity and respect as a team member then you should consider employment with Hugg & Hall Equipment Company. Our team includes sales representative, service technicians, and a variety of other positions that will work together to make our customers' needs our own.
Hugg & Hall offers competitive compensation, quarterly incentive and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid vacation.
The Rental Equipment Shop Technician is responsible for repairing rental equipment (boom lifts, scissor lifts, telehandlers, light construction equipment, etc) in a shop environment, perform rental ready inspections, assisting with equipment pickup/return, maintain equipment yard organization and flow, ensure rental equipment clean and organized, and assist in the unloading of trucks. Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Perform repairs on Rental Equipment in a shop environment by:
- conduct repairs authorized by Fleet Maintenance Coordinator
- evaluating equipment based on reported problem
- diagnosing malfunctioning equipment
- discussing evaluation with supervisor
- completing parts requisition for necessary parts to make repairs
- replacing faulty parts
- repairing unit to be operational and safety compliant
2. Preform Preventative Maintenance on Rental Equipment by:
- understand minimum preventative maintenance guidelines for specific machine types
- ability to change engine oil, oil filter, fuel filters and air filters
- ability to locate lubrication points and apply proper level of lubrication
- ability to inspect entire machine for safety concerns and note any deficiencies
3. Determine the status of returned rental equipment by:
- inspecting rental equipment upon return from rent for defects
- recognizing and reporting any damages to received machines immediately to supervisor
- documenting condition of equipment for use in recognizing recent damage to assist in recouping repair costs
- prioritizing equipment for service by communicating with Fleet Maintenance Coordinator and Rental Sales people
- ensuring safety of equipment prior to equipment being deemed "Rent Ready"
4. Maintain equipment yard organization, cleanliness of rental equipment & assisting with equipment pickup/return by:
- keeping rental equipment clean and in designated areas
- rotating electric aerial equipment on charge line
- keeping all items located in the yard and shop neat and organized
- keeping all L.P. bottles filled and notifying mechanic(s) and/or supervisor of defective tanks
- notifies supervisor of problems with or broken rental equipment
- unloading of outside hauler trucks/trailers
- assist customers with the loading and unloading of equipment
- maintain wash bay cleanliness
5. Manages time efficiently and contributes to team effort by:
- being prepared for scheduled work hours and with special hours as needed
- planning day's workload based on supervisors direction
- utilizing time to minimize lost productivity
- maintaining a clean and safe work area along with maintaining yard and building
- maintaining shop tools and fixtures and reporting misuse
- works well with others in the Rental Department
- works well with other departments
6. Performs other organizational and equipment related tasks by:
- Attends training schools as requested
- Performs pre-delivery inspections, warranty registration, and decaling of new equipment
- Assists in delivery of small rental items in a ---ton pickup
- Performs as needed cleaning and organizing
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Clean driving record
- Above average communication skills to include: two-way radios, phones, and e-mail
- Strong organization skills not limited to: parts, equipment, accessories, batteries, buckets, trailers, etc.
- Ability to read and following instructions
- Ability to accomplish duties with accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to self-motivate which is required to stay on track, maintain organization, and make continuous progress
- Ability to learn proper equipment operation on various types of material handling and construction equipment
- Procession of basic hand tools
- Strong mechanical background
- High school diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
This position will be working at branch facilities mostly outdoors with the potential of traveling to customer locations. The employee will encounter varying weather conditions and temperatures. The normal auto hazards will apply. This position will be frequently operating equipment with potential hazard. Appropriate safety equipment and practices are required.
Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds on a frequent basis. Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, twisting, climbing and crawling. Position requires bending, stooping, kneeling or squatting handling/fingering on a daily basis. Position may require driving truck to and from customer locations or other branch locations on occasion. Must be able to wear safety glasses and safety shoes. Must be medically capable of performing all aspects of the job with the maximum amount of safety. (Initial hire requires passing of pre-employment background check, physical abilities test, drug test and driving record)
Hugg & Hall Equipment Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We are a Drug Free Workplace and place Safety First.
Keywords: Hugg & Hall, Tulsa , Rental Equipment Shop Technician, Professions , Tulsa, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!